• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Manufacturers 3D furniture 02 Jun 2013 09:45 #778

• admin
Thank you for sharing the link with everyone. The best format to use from those available is the .3ds, using the Visual Building's 3D Convertor tool (Professional / Premium / Solar). You need to take note of the models default scale, because most of the models needed the scale to be set to x1 (default was x100). Most of the other formats are specific to other software.

The example models that we downloaded from www.polantis.com , did not include any texture files, but you can drag and drop any texture / material onto the object.

Post note: We have contacted Polantis to establish a more formal link, but sadly received no response.

Manufacturers 3D furniture 02 Jun 2013 08:42 #777

I have found an excellent source of free 3D models from companies such as IKEA, Velux and Kolbe. Most of the other manufacturers are French but are recognised internationally.

My question is that many of the objects are available as max, dwg, dxf, pdf, 3ds, skp, ddd, rfa, 3dm, aof, aof, gsm, png or obj. Can you explain the advantages / disadvantages of these formats and which other than .3ds (which I have imported) are useable in my Visual Building Professional.

The web site is www.polantis.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds