• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Winder stairs 19 Jul 2013 20:20 #857

That certainly works, I was a little too lazy to create the risers so I thickened each tread to the rise. I hope the real one is as trouble free. Thanks again
Attachments:

Re: Winder stairs 19 Jul 2013 11:38 #855

Here is the sketch supplied
and the 3d object created:
Download 3d Object

Download project

The method used to create this specific staircase is now part of the Visual Building Training Course . Please note that you will need either Visual Building Professional or Premium to create such objects.

To create:
  • Import 2D sketch and scale it.
  • Then using the extrude solid - insert polygon tool, I snapped a polygon to each step on the 2D sketch
  • Create a 3D object for each step
  • Then raised each step by the Rise
  • Export as . .cyg object that can be imported by any version of visual building

Re: Winder stairs 18 Jul 2013 19:41 #854

Here is a double winder that I created previously. I will create yours next.

The gap at the top is because the ceiling / floor void is removed to expose the stair.

Re: Winder stairs 18 Jul 2013 19:28 #853

I hope that this is sufficient, I haven't shown the direction. As with all loft conversions the stairs prove the most trying. The winder post would be approx 90 x 180.

Thanks

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Winder stairs 18 Jul 2013 18:07 #852

Do you have the winder box dimensions, sorry I forgot to ask. Obviously the winder box dimensions can vary ( subject to building regs). Also the dimensions of winder post, if any Alternatively if you have a dwg plan or plan image of your proposed stair case that would be even better.

Re: Winder stairs 17 Jul 2013 20:59 #851

Thanks,

This one is a double winder, 180 degree over six treads.
a) Width across strings: 870 mm
b) 5 rises before first winder
c) 2 rises after last winder
d) Floor to floor: 2630 mm
e) Going per tread: 226 mm
f) Rise per tread: 202.3 mm
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds