• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Cavity Insulation 10 Nov 2013 18:11 #1050

There is a video that demnonstrates how to design your own cavity wall and save it as a wall template.

See: Wall layer construction

Right click on the wall to activate the wall dialog, the select Layer construction to display the wall layer editor.

To save (and load) the template, use the tools in bottom right of dialog. Note that you must give Visual Buildingadmin rights to save in the path.

Applies to all versions of Visual Building

Re: Cavity Insulation 10 Nov 2013 13:54 #1049

My earlier question was related to drawing an actual cross section of my cavity wall, which you resolved for me, thanks. I now need to create the cavity wall as a wall, but can not find the correct wall construction that I need.

My wall is 102 mm facing brick, a 50mm cavity, 50 mm polystyrene insulation, 100mm thermalite blocks and 15 mm plaster.

Total wall width is 317mm

Before anyone comments about building reg standards, I hasten to add this building is not in the UK :).

Re: Cavity Insulation 01 Aug 2013 10:43 #878

I created the insulation symbol using the 2D tools:
Drawn with Visual Building Basic

Using the 2D drawing tools, simply create to half circles to form an S symbol. Save this to the 2D object to the catalogue as a symbol. Then select the S symbol from the catalogue and place in drawing, in the cavity. Resize the height of the placed symbol to compress it. Then use multi copy tools the replicate the symbol through the entire vertical cavity.

I will add the procedure in detail to the Visual Building Training Course.

Cavity Insulation 01 Aug 2013 00:32 #877

I have noticed in several of examples with your section views you have used a standard cavity insulation symbol. I can not find this 'S' shaped hatching symbol. How can I use such a symbol to indicate my insulation in a cavity wall.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds