• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adding a roof issue 12 Nov 2013 15:37 #1065

As i suspected, the problem is due to a bad wall connection. Look where I have indicated on the 2D and 3D image. Sometimes its easier to spot in the 3D than the 2D. In the 3D it shows as a taper . In the 3D as a step and an open wall end.

If you redraw this wall and take care that the wall connects correctly to the left wall, your roof will fit correctly.

Sometimes you dont need to delete and redraw the wall, but use the wall editing tools to pull both walls back and then forward again to re connect, Spot the difference in the 2D between the good and bad wall connection.

Note that the walls on the lower floor also have same fault, but its only the attic wall that creates the problem with the roof.

See also Wall taper

Adding a roof issue 12 Nov 2013 14:59 #1064

Hi,
I have obviously done something wrong but cant work it out. I have rooms so am unsure how the walls would be wrong although the back wall seems to be higher than the other walls although it's set to automatic?
I shall send you the project and many thanks!!
Lisa

Adding a roof issue 12 Nov 2013 14:25 #1063

The roof designer reacts in this way when it encounters a problem. Check that your walls are all connected correctly.

If you save the project, close it and then reload it, the project is rebuilt during reload and sometimes this can rectify the issue.

If it persists- email us the project.

Adding a roof issue 12 Nov 2013 14:12 #1062

Hi,
Please can you help with where I have gone wrong when adding a roof?
I have added the attic and when I highlight the contour to create a roof the 3d screen shot sends the roof to miniature with 2 huge rafters shooting out of the sky?!
Thanks,
Lisa
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds