• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 13 Jan 2014 11:46 #1185

I think I must have corrected this after I saved the file and posted. I redrew the lower boundary small wall and the floor appeared. I have resent the file to you.

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 13 Jan 2014 11:37 #1184

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for that - I will take the first floor down and rebuild it. Oddly, I have no floor in the kitchen when I open the file, unlike your visual you have posted. The virtual wall seems to be in place correctly, with no other possible breaks. Is there a local parameter set outside the file that might need to be changed in order to see the same results?
Attachments:

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 13 Jan 2014 09:26 #1182

Concerning the missing floor problem. I examined your emailed project and the problem is in your Kitchen and Snug layer, due to the Room boundary element not making a good connection (as marked ). I deleted and redrew the boundary wall. I have rectified and will return the project to you. If you duplicated the next floor from the ground floor the same problem will also occur on the next floor.

Note how in the 2D view the room is automatically named and the floor appears in the 3D view, which only happens when you have a good wall connection on all walls that define the room.

Room 2's right hand wall was made up of 2 non connected walls which is now 1 wall with a cut out inserted.

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 13 Jan 2014 07:22 #1181

• Chris Thomas
Thank you - I will email it in as soon as I find the email address, hopefully on your main site. I left the application open overnight, but this morning it stopped as soon as I altered the visibility in the tree. When it restarted, several of the problem areas filled themselves in correctly. However, overnight I remembered the tutorial mentioned virtual walls, which I had not put in. Putting these in has fixed the eastern extension, but the western extension is still mainly without floors.

This is probably related to the ground floor eastern wall, where a cut-out would not display properly in the eastern wall, currently leading to the outside. There was a slight unevenness in that wall, but redrawing got me nowhere, so I re-drew it as two separate walls - not very clever, in view of your comment above!

I can see no likely cause for the first floor passage not being floored.

I will try attaching the file to this page in case that is what you mean by 'emailing it to customercare'.

Thanks,

Chris

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 12 Jan 2014 18:42 #1178

Chris, There are possibly a few classic mistakes here. Please email this project to customercare so that we may show you how to rectify.

By default the ceilings are disabled, so that you can see into the room. The floors however need a room to be defined by several connected walls. There can be several reasons why your walls are not connected, which I can determine when we see the project.

See Wall connections

Floors and ceilings missing.....! 12 Jan 2014 17:01 #1177

• Chris Thomas
I have built my first model, but have a problem that I think might stem from the levels - there are three buildings making up the one house, to model the previous extensions and differing floor and ceiling heights. Now, the original building the first floor flooring is drawn in place, but part of the ground floor flooring is green. The second and third buildings have no floors or ceilings..... The partially missing floor in the centre of the ground floor echoes the partition wall above, which has no ground floor equivalent.

I have checked all the property settings I can find, but I have no clues yet. I attach a pdf which shows the problem.

All the internal levels seem correct - there is a step up from the central core upper floor to enter the newer bedrooms for example. I have yet to add another extension, which squared the building off in the late 1990s, but don't want to go further until this model is behaving itself... ;-)

All help appreciated,

Thanks,

Chris

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds