• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Feedback on evaluation 11 Feb 2014 15:17 #1259

How can you compare a £3000 product with a £50 product?

Sorry, I just tested the free version, so as homestyler.com

I have also tried Autocad 360 and found I had to install another browser just to be able to use

You should be grateful, you used an obselete browser works under IE 11, Chrome, Firefox, Opera not tested.

and then I wasted many hours of testing only to lose each project each time my browser crashed due to scripting errors, whatever they are.

Possible, I didn't spend 3000GBp, I just tried the free online version.

I wasted many hours of testing only to lose each project each time my browser crashed

Rather stubborn, but I understand for 3000GBp, you should get the refund.

I found the new Visual Building interface very easy to learn and use (compared to its original interface).

I do not compare with the past, I compare with other archi apps, but I agree, for version comparison, I do prefer Win7 to WinXp.

If you want a simple user interface, with less tools, and no 3D, then stick with Autocad360

Yes I do want simple 3D user interface such as:
homestyler.com
wanaplan.com

but for different reasons I neither like the interface of sweethome3d nor of Visual Building, maybe in future versions.

You may still delete this post and stick to the ostrich policy.

Feedback on evaluation 11 Feb 2014 14:08 #1258

How can you compare a £3000 product with a £50 product?

I have also tried Autocad 360 and found I had to install another browser just to be able to use, and then I wasted many hours of testing only to lose each project each time my browser crashed due to scripting errors, whatever they are.

I found the new Visual Building interface very easy to learn and use (compared to its original interface). OK, so I had a few questions, but all were answered on this forum, and I am a very happy user.

If you want a simple user interface, with less tools, and no 3D, then stick with Autocad360, but my vote is for Visual Building!!!

Feedback on evaluation 11 Feb 2014 12:40 #1257

Thank you for your feedback. Some of the individual points were answered in the specific topics.
I cant however agree with your comparisons, especially with Allplan and Autocad,

The select cursor tool IS always visible in the Ribbon panel:

Feedback on evaluation 11 Feb 2014 12:02 #1256

I thank you for the evaluation.

I forgot to give a feedback, because I initally thought I would further test.

Globally, the program appears to satisfy my needs, but its interface is way too complex.

Some suggestions:

1/ The select cursor icon should always be visible in the ribbon.
Pain in the neck, to have it through the ribbon and not to have always readily.

2/ Most screen are 16:9 in 1920x1080, so the ribbon should be vertical and not horizontal, or a choice

3/ I find changing the compass orientation an hurdle task.
it should be a property of the house to have terrain and house orientation (in case several houses on same terrain)

4/ Shadows
www.visualbuilding.co.uk/forum/4-visual-...tion-of-the-sun#1189

I do not see, shadow projection onto the ground, soly the shadowed facades

Additionnaly, there is no shadows from the 1.5m overhang I created.
(by the way, how do you change properties of a selected rood side? In this example, there are 8 roof sides, and I don't know which one is which without trial and error)

5/ About wall and roof construction and editions
www.visualbuilding.co.uk/forum/4-visual-...ation-and-moves#1190

5.1/ When you draw/extend walls you don't view the wall's lengths.
5.2 Globally, way to complex, compare with: Just try to create these walls of a kind of U building,
L1: 1688
L2: 382
L3: 168
L4: 480
L5:
L6: 458
L7: 436
L8: 402
and then add the roofs according to your imagination.

Conclusion:
The user interface puts me off, too complex, too many menus and/or operations, steep learning curve to do easy tasks.
I hope you see this positively and will give a thought about in a next release.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds