• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

180 degree staircase 04 Apr 2014 19:04 #1367

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Excellent, I took your advice and opened a new project - and when bounded by just four guidelines the whole thing is easy! The lesson for me is to make things as simple as possible. Now to play with the options.....

Thanks,

Chris

180 degree staircase 02 Apr 2014 22:58 #1366

There are still a few variables, but in the above example I made some assumptions. I used the 'Stair with landing' stair. When placing stairs you will find it easier to mark out the bounds of the stair with guidelines and snap the stairs to those.

On reading again I noticed the 2.3m length, which produces, provided the stair width is reduced:

I would always make such trials in a seperate project, before commiting to the main project.

Remember to terminate the stair input with the Enter key otherwise yes it goes 'haywire'...

180 degree staircase 25 Mar 2014 12:56 #1353

• Chris Thomas
This is part of the new build, where the staircase adjoins a current building and opens into a new building, so there is some flexibility.

The 'Floor Height' is 2.3m, with one opening on the ground floor and one opening on the first floor.

An individual leaving the opening on the ground floor needs to climb to the first landing, then turn left. The current distance allowed for the stairs and landing is 1.4m, but there is scope to increase this to 1.7m if necessary.

From the first landing, the individual needs to climb more stairs to reach the second landing, then turn left. These two landings and the stairs which link them need to fit inside 2.3m max, preferably less.

The individual then climbs more stairs, and enters the first floor 2.3m above their starting level.

Hope this is sufficient info?

Thanks,

Chris

180 degree staircase 25 Mar 2014 11:13 #1350

Can you describe the stair in more detail that ypou are trying to create?

a) Steps from ground floor tp landing 1
b) Steps between landing 1 and landing 2
c) Steps from landing 2 to 1st floor

180 degree staircase 24 Mar 2014 14:08 #1346

• Chris Thomas
I am having a mild nightmare, trying to draw a staircase with two 90 degree landings, so that it turns back on itself. The design tool goes haywire - but it could be me, not left and right clicking at the appropriate points. If two landings are not possible, could I use the geometrical option? (I have failed with that as well.... ;-) )
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds