• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wall Connections 29 Oct 2014 12:47 #1791

To distinguish between existing and new portions of a building, you should create your existing building and then add the new build as a completely new building. This way you can switch on / off to view the changes.

Wall Connections 29 Oct 2014 10:42 #1790

In order for a room to be a valid room it has to be defined by valid connected walls. For the rooms that are not correct, ypu are using Room Boundaries to connect. It is the Room Boundaries that are not connecting correctly.

Room boundary walls must be drawn from the wall edge, as marked in following:

Depending upon what you are trying to achieve, if you are trying to achieve invisible walls, its often better to use a normal wall and then apply a glass material to it so that it is transparent.

Alternatively and possibly better, insert a wall and apply a cut out to the wall:

See also Missing Walls

Wall Connections 29 Oct 2014 10:34 #1789

I have started to input the extension to our existing house, but am having a problem getting it to recognise the entrance hall and utility as rooms, as well as one of the current rooms. They still have grass floors. I have only used room boundaries on most of the existing house, and internal supporting wall on a couple of walls near the stairs and utility, to allow the rooms to be defined but to distinguish between the current house and walls to be built. What should I be doing to get the program to recognise the rooms as rooms?

RM via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds