• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Drawing Layout 15 Dec 2012 15:27 #518

• admin
Its just been pointed out to me by a support colleague that you can also save the elevation views as individual images and then in any plan view, import those images again using the Insert bitmap feature. This is also possible in the Visual Building Basic version, (but not Visual Building Lite as it has no elevation view feature).

Re: Drawing Layout 14 Dec 2012 19:46 #517

• admin
Yes of course you can combine your individual drawings into a single larger sheet drawing using most graphics applications, however using the Presentation layout offered by Visual Building Professional, any changes that you make in the original drawing are automatically updated in the individual views. You can also control the scaling of the individual drawings, something you may lose by using an external program.

As far as I know, it is possible to submit drawings on individual sheets for planning applications, as long as each sheet is clearly identified.

Re: Drawing Layout 14 Dec 2012 18:53 #516

• Dick Wakeford
  • Dick Wakeford's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you for your fast answer. So if I can export my drawings as single images using the Basic version, what are the disadvantages in me then using a graphics program to reassemble the individual images into a single image? I need to produce the plans for a planning application.

Re: Drawing Layout 14 Dec 2012 17:51 #515

• admin
In the Visual Building Basic you can create multiple elevation views but only 1 view per sheet (screenshot shows Pro version, but this is also achievable in Basic version):
While in the Visual Building Professional version you can layout all views on a single sheet:

Drawing Layout 14 Dec 2012 17:40 #514

• Dick Wakeford
  • Dick Wakeford's Avatar Topic Author
I am considering in upgrading from your Basic version to either Professional or Premium. It is really the drawing layout that I require. Could you please advise if I can do this in Professional version and how does the drawing layout feature differ from what is available in my Basic version.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds