• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 03 Apr 2013 11:27 #691

• admin

There is no gap. What you are seeing is the space where the ceiling void is. If you make the ceiling visible the gap is filled.

The Visibility dialog is activated by right clicking on a view and from the context menu select Visibility. Each view has its own visibility status.

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 03 Apr 2013 11:25 #690

I seem to have the same problem with a gap between the two walls. I have had a good look myself to try and resolve the issue by deleting and redrawing the offending wall but can't seem to fix it.
Would you be able to see what I've done wrong this time?

MW via email

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 25 Mar 2013 10:55 #680

Great. Thanks. The email support is one of my key reasons for choosing Visual Building.
Problem now solved and one that I'll be aware of should it happen again.

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 25 Mar 2013 10:10 #679

• admin
How to determine the problem and fix:

The problem is seen in the 3d view showing both floors with gap between, but not on all walls so the problum must be associated with the walls, and not the floor height. Looking at the ground floor only, there is a taper in one of the walls. The taper was possibly caused by the window not being place correctly. This is seen in the 2D view: To rectify, simply select the window and move it slightly to the right, until the left window edge is square.

The wall still has a problem, so using the wall edit tool disconnect and reconnect the wall at both ends (Edit wall: shorten / extend wall tool). The taper and gap will now be rectified.

The problem also propagated to the second floor when you created the second floor from the ground floor, so you need to repeat the window move on the second floor too.

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 25 Mar 2013 09:18 #678

Thanks for offering to take a look at the project. I've tried adjusting the floor level and this does not fix the gap.
If you could suggest a fix I'd appreciate it as I've had this a couple of times now in projects that I've created.

Re: Gap between two levels - help! 24 Mar 2013 19:48 #673

• admin
Its difficult to determine the cause from your description. Email the project to us so we can advise. Can you repeat this by redoing on backup copy of project?

In the Floor properties check the Rough height of the floor has not changed (default was 2.8 m) Try reducing this to see if the gap goes.

See here for additional info , where we deliberately separate the floor levels to examine the project as an exploded view.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds