• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Exploded house view 26 Apr 2012 11:14 #250

• admin
Photo Links: You obviously must mean photo links within an online presentation of your floorplan. Your web site would display a jpg or png floorplan image created with Visual Building. You can overlay onto this image 'hot spots' that are links to the photo, but this woiuld be more a feature for your web site than Visual Building. Some tools within Photoshop would create the required HTML or Javascript. Speak to your web designer.

'See through' models. Yes you can apply a glass texture to any wall or roof. I will look for an example and add here.

Additional models we have additional collections of models in our online store. To import you own 3ds based models, you would need Visual Building Professional.

Yes you would need only 1 license per site for Visual Building Lite

Post note:

Re: Exploded house view 26 Apr 2012 10:52 #249

I subscribe and use Metropix to create 2D plans for my brochures, and was attracted by the 2D and 3D floor plans examples on your web site. I especially like the ability to explode the house plan in 3D as above.

I want to upgrade to Metropix 3D version but this costs £57 every month. When I saw what I could achieve with your download trial version, I realised I could save money and achieve a lot more. However before I take the plunge I have some questions:

1. I also like the Metropix ability to include photo links within the 2D plan. Can I do this with Visual Building?

2. Can I create see through models, so that I can view a house layout through the walls or roof. (I don’t mean exploded view as above).

3. Although you have an extensive library of furniture, how can I expand this?

4. My agency has 3 locations, but all our floorplans are created at our head office location, so I assume I need only a single license.

Thanks

Re: Exploded house view 26 Apr 2012 09:19 #248

• admin
You can create an 'exploded view' of most building projects in all versions of Visual Building.

Each floor has its own properties dialog, activated by right clicking on the floor in the Projects tab, and selecting properties. Then set the Level for each floor, except ground floor. Normally the Level value is equal to lower floors Rough Height. A dialog then asks if you want to modify floor positions- so always select Without moving adjacent floors. Increasing the floors Level will result in increasing its height. Always save a copy of your project before trying this, as mistakes can result in unhappy projects.

Created with Visual Building Lite

Exploded house view 26 Apr 2012 00:13 #247

• Roger Alexander
  • Roger Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
In the estate agent section of your web site you have an exploded house view. It looks like it was done in your Lite version. How was this done?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds