• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cavity walls of different external thickness 25 Jun 2014 15:34 #1554

There is not an automatic solution to this but you can maintain integrity of the wall connections by splitting the wall at the wall end and then change the wall layer construction for that wall section, so effectively capping off the cavity.

The red highlights show the wall section created using the wall split tool. I have exagerated the sections to demonstrate but you can make the wall sections as small as you like.

In reality, (at least in my house with 400mm wall meeting a 350 mm wall ) the cavities do not actually meet.

Cavity walls of different external thickness 25 Jun 2014 12:19 #1551

• niall calvert
  • niall calvert's Avatar Topic Author
I'm currently evaluating Visual Building to draw up plans for my barn conversion; I've worked through most of the tutorials and have made good progress. So far I've found it to be an excellent product and I've not come across anything which stops me doing what is needed.

However I'm not sure how to deal to deal with cavity walls with different thickness external walls, but same internal cavity; I can't get the cavity to join at the wall intersection (see enclosed) and would appeciate some help.

Many thanks for your support.

Niall

Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds