• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where are my Visual Building projects and files? 30 May 2012 10:02 #301

• 's Avatar Topic Author
Where are my Visual Building projects and other files?

Windows determines where you can and cannot save files. This can be sometimes confusing. This is due to something called User Account Control.

A full explanation of the UAC can be found at www.technet.microsoft.com , but this control results in the following:

When you install Visual Building onto Window 7, the files are normally installed at the following default path location:
C:\Program Files\Visual Building\Projects.

This location is pointed to my the Samples icon in the Open project file dialog This location is normally protected from normal user write access and can only be written to if you have Administrator access.

If you load a project from this path and save it again it will appear that you have overwritten the original file - but actually you will have written it to the following location:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Visual Building\Projects

When you save projects to the My samples folder in the Visual Building dialogs, this is the default location.

There is also another hidden location where files may go:
C:\Users\ YourUserName \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Visual Building

Normally this path is hidden and is not visible unless you specifically go to Control Panel- Folder Options – View tab and select Show hidden files, folders an drives. Windows hides these files for your protection and so we suggest you leave alone unless you know what you are doing.

When you save projects to the Samples folder in the Visual Building dialogs, this is the default location. Windows tells you that the data is in C:\Program Files\Visual Building\Projects but actually it’s in :

C:\Users\ YourUserName \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Visual Building

You can delete any of your project files no longer required in these folders using Windows Explorer.

When you have located your project files (filename.cyp) you can email them to another, or copy vis USB dongle, but remember a .cyp file can only be opened by Visual Building
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds