• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Window colour 17 Apr 2015 22:12 #2113

In addition to our previous answer, we often get asked how to add a gloss white texture to the window frames (but both sides). Follow this link to see how .

Window colour 13 Apr 2015 20:52 #2105

Ah-ha! It's easy when you know how!

Thanks for the help.

Window colour 13 Apr 2015 00:21 #2102

Excellent solution to a problem that I also had some time back. I tried exporting the window as a 3ds object, editing it in Blender to change the surfaces/textures (I had some help on this), and reimporting as a new object. All worked well but I could not see how I could add the new window back into the window catalogue. But this new suggestion is easier.

Window colour 12 Apr 2015 22:18 #2101

David,

You are not doing anuthing wrong!

The standard window models are created with frames that consist of single objects that can only be textured with a single texture. ( I assume so that the model uses less memory). But all is not lost. You can use the Construction - Surface Element tool to create a very thin surface over the section you want a different texture.

1. Place window in wall, and zoom into window in 3d view
2. Select the Construction - Surface Element tool, and from the drop down select Insert in Plane.
3. Click on the surface you want to texture and the Surface element dialog displays.
4. Change the element thickness from 0.1 to something very thin suxh as 0.01 (thick paint ! ) , click OK
5. Drag new texture onto your new thin surfaces.

The above example shows a section of window "painted " green
Attachments:

Window colour 12 Apr 2015 16:49 #2100

I'm trying to get a window that's brown on the outside and white on the inside, but when i drag a colour across from the catalogue it changes the colour on both the inside & outside of the window.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds