• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Techniques for glazed walls 12 Apr 2020 19:46 #2836

• Gary Morin
  • Gary Morin's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the help, it worked.

Attachments:

Techniques for glazed walls 12 Apr 2020 16:02 #2835

Hi,

yes, I would use the existing windows in the way you described. I am sure you can get to the result by simply editing the foreseen parameters.

When using the exisiting window types you see a dimension line in our window dialog sketch. By clicking on that line you can change the slope / length of this value and "stretch" your window construction to the needed size and slope. You will probably have to measure the length of some parameters in your project, using an Elevation view

Techniques for glazed walls 12 Apr 2020 15:51 #2834

• Gary Morin
Thank you for the reply

So in reality the idea is to pile a lot windows beside and on top of each other, similar to conservatories?

Currently I'm trialling the premier version, and looking at windows construction and trying to design a bespoke window. I take you would not recommend this route and use method you suggested?

Thanks

Gary

Techniques for glazed walls 12 Apr 2020 15:17 #2833

Hi,

there are already triangular and sloping window constructions in our catalogue. You have to use one of it.

For a glazed wall you should probably set the PROFILE width for frame and casement to Zero (or 0,001 if zero is not allowed) just to remove the thick Frame around this window. Settings are part of the window construction property dialog.

If the triangular window is not symmetric use one of the sloping window construction types.

In case of further problems, please send your project file to customercare@visualbuilding.co.uk and I will insert such a window as an example and return the Project together with a short video.

Thomas

Techniques for glazed walls 12 Apr 2020 14:43 #2832

• Gary Morin
Hi,

Can someone offer advice of best techniques for creating glazed walls. I the house I'm trying ti design I have three glazed gables, one has folding goors with glazing above, the others or glazed with normal patio doors in. I could make the whole wall material glass, but this is not realist. I've to construct a window but I can see how to make the triangles.

I would appreciate if someone can point me the right direction.

Thanks

Gary
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds