• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VR 22 Apr 2020 08:11 #2845

No real experience with VR. I had two meetings with specialized VR companies about 3 years ago just to find out if that has a business potential for us.

Technic is very nice, but my personal problem was that I had to take my glasses off in order to put the VR device on, which was an Oculus rift. And without my glasses the VR content was like watching the scene on a foggy day in low resolution. Others were very impressed.

I do know that they were happy to load FBX file in their viewer, but don’t know which tool that was and the VR guys meanwhile disappeared.
Regarding your own test. There are 3D file formats where textures and 3D model are included in a single file, our own Visual Building file format for example.
Others, and I guess fbx is one of those, only write the 3D model to the file and links to external textures, in most cases textures are written to the same path.

Visual Building exports the 3D file and textures to the same folder. If you only load the FBX file in your viewer engine without loading the textures, then the scene appears naked. There should be a way in your engine to load the textures as well, or use a different viewer. I am sure that there should be such an option.

Thomas

VR 21 Apr 2020 23:29 #2844

• Gary Morin
  • Gary Morin's Avatar Topic Author
A quick update:

I have managed to get a model in, using fbx format and using a website Modelo.io through the Quest vr browser you can view the model in VR, although it has no materials and as yet I can't navigate. There are tremendous possibilities if we can get it work correctly.

regards

Gary

VR 21 Apr 2020 20:07 #2843

• Gary Morin
  • Gary Morin's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Thomas,

I'm getting great results from the software. see below. I have an Oculus Quest VR system, just wondered if you have ever looked at using VR and experience you can share?

I know it can view 360 photos, but I would like to try to get the model in. There are a number of viewers so hopefully I can load an exported model.

Thanks
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds