• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3d view 13 Dec 2020 10:08 #2867

Hi,

there might be other reasons but a typical case is that you don’t have the correct layer active in your current view.

It is a working principle in Visual Building that you can only select elements on the currently active layer. This layer is marked red in our project viewer tree on the right side of the software.

Each view has its own active layer, so you can have a ground floor layer active in one view and the upper floor in a second.
Active layers are set in our project viewer context menu. Right click on the layer (tree entry) you want to activate and choose “Set as active element..”

In 3D views there is a shortcut for a better handling. Keep your CTRL key pressed while you click on an element in 3D and the software automatically activates the layer on which this object exists.

If this is not the reason for your problem please send your project file to customercare@visualbuilding.co.uk and we will have a look at it.

Regards

Thomas

3d view 12 Dec 2020 19:26 #2866

• Clive Parker
  • Clive Parker's Avatar Topic Author
Completely new to vb, I have drawn a two floor building with decent results for first attempt!! It also looks good in 3d, however I have done something and have no idea what it was but now when in 3d when I click to edit a section, wall, window door etc nothing happens!!!!! help, please!!! I'm lovin the application other than this!!!

thanks
Clive
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds