• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wall construction 14 Sep 2015 01:08 #2334

blocks wall

Re: Wall construction 12 Aug 2015 20:09 #2308

We have just updated the Visual Building Training Course with a detailed example of how to create a timber frame building.

Applicable to Visual Building Professional / Premium
Attachments:

Re: Wall construction 28 Jul 2015 11:57 #2262

Jamie,

There still is no automatic framing method, but there is nothing to stop you doing this manually. I recently did this for a timber frame porch:

It's OK for a small extension, but Im not sure I would want to use this method for an entire house. You simply place timbers in the 2D elevation views, and hide the solid walls.

The above is in the Visual Building Training manual, where the timber roof is created in detail, and the wall timbers would be created in exactly the same ways.
Attachments:

Re: Wall construction 28 Jul 2015 10:57 #2261

Has there been any change in the product that would allow you to show timber frame? As the post below from 2012 says

"You can define the materials that a wall construction is made of showing the different layers, plaster, boards, cavity, insulation, blocks bricks etc. However we can not yet show the timber frame detail in the wall- unlike the roof construction."

Kind Regards
Jamie

Re: Wall construction 15 May 2012 14:56 #282

• admin
1. You can define the materials that a wall construction is made of showing the different layers, plaster, boards, cavity, insulation, blocks bricks etc. However we can not yet show the timber frame detail in the wall- unlike the roof construction.

This is demonstrated in the following video:

2.Yes, then can be achieved using layers, for example you could create 3 layers within your project: 1 layer to represent untouched features, 1 layer to represent features removed, and 1 layer to represent new features.

Wall construction 15 May 2012 14:53 #281

Could you please answer my questions.

Can you specify:

1. The type of wall construction i.e. timber frame or block & brick cavity wall.

2. Can you specify what is already there and what is to be added i.e. like an extension to an existing house

Regards

Steve H
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds