• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Project File Location 12 Aug 2013 10:19 #901

When you load or save a project the Open project file dialog is activated and as you say the various target destinations are displayed in the left tabs icons. If you select each tap the physical folder path is displayed at the top.

You will see that Samples refers to the initial installed path for example
c:\Program Files\Visual Building\Projects

and you will see that Samples refers to the current user path for example
c:\Users\username\Visual Building\Projects

The first path can only be saved to if you have assigned Administrator privileges to the program, and can then be read by all users using your computer. The second path is only seen by the current active user on you computer. If you are the only user using your computer then this does not really matter, but these alternative paths are part of the Windows operation system and applies to all programs running Windows.

See also: Where are my projects

Applies to all versions

Project File Location 12 Aug 2013 10:06 #900

Hi, Could you explain how the different project folders work. When I want to save / load a project it seems that I have a choice of several locations ie My Samples and Samples. I recognise and understand that I can also save and load to the desktop and any location in my Computer, but not sure about the difference between Samples / My Samples

LJ via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds