• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dormer roofs 21 Oct 2013 17:52 #978

Ken, Your attachment did not get attached. Please email it to customercare@visualbuilding.co.uk (I will then upload it here.)

Dormer roofs 21 Oct 2013 17:47 #977

• Ken Bayliss
  • Ken Bayliss's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you for your prompt response.

Unfortunately I lost my up to date roof plan details but this attachment may give you some idea.

The front roof has a 45deg. pitch but the back roof is different because the front wall-plate is much lower than the back.

The front wall-plate is about 1.32 off the upper floor floor, and the back w/p about 3.07 - 1.75m difference.

We require 3 dormer windows across the front elevation (equidistant) with windows 1.10 wide x 1.15. Ceiling above window approx. .200 and floor to sill about 1.00m.

If this is not enough info it is probably best to delay until I re-do my lost final layout.

Regards,
Ken Bayliss

Dormer roofs 21 Oct 2013 12:15 #975

Ken,

Its best I demonstrate how to achieve this using your actual project. If you would like to email the project, then I will demonstrate here how to achieve this. I will only show the roof elements of your project. We intend to update the videos with such a tutorial soon, but has been delayed while waiting for the impending ribbon bar update.

So email your project with details of your dormer requirements/dimensions.

Dormer roofs 21 Oct 2013 11:48 #974

• Ken Bayliss
  • Ken Bayliss's Avatar Topic Author
I wish to apply shed type dormers to a roof with the window/front 'cutting' through the eaves/gutter line. I am having great difficulty defining my requirements. What is meant by the 'length' of a dormer the ridge? I assume the window is inserted after forming the dormer roof.
Tutorials and docs. seem to be lacking in detail.
May I request assistance?

Ken Bayliss
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds