• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bluetooth and Leica Disto integration 27 Jul 2014 12:31 #1606

Chris,
Thank you for your input. We have examined the possibility of such input devices, and I will ensure that our development team are reminded of the potential possibilities in creating such an interface.

Bluetooth and Leica Disto integration 26 Jul 2014 11:46 #1605

• Chris Cudlip
  • Chris Cudlip's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Is it likely that Bluetooth and Leica Disto integration will be considered in future? I use a Panasonic Toughbook (Toughpads are available) for mobile computing needs at my day job and I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8inch with Redstick Pro installed to record floorplans whilst carrying out domestic energy assessments outside of work/privately. I can export the files in various CAD file formats to read into AutoCAD LT on the Toughbook and then produce what I need but this is too many steps and prone to exchange errors at times.

From what I've seen so far with Visual Building and the Premium version I'm considering purchasing is not only is it at a far more reasonable price point compared to the other rip off software types around, it is very highly spec'd. If you could input dimensions directly via the Bluetooth function on a Leica Disto (others are available) I feel it would be a hands down winning product for everyone anywhere in the world. Having trialed and used most of the floor-planning software with Bluetooth that I can find I can honestly say that they do save time without doubt but are then let down by lack of functionality, accuracy and you have to spend a small fortune on ongoing subscription fees every month.

One of the most useful software types I've tried recently for very good functionality that is highly capable but lacks many of the visualisation functions of Visual Building is Sitemaster Building by Graebert. It might not be the exact path that Visual Building is intended to go but such a small element such as Bluetooth and laser distancemeter connectivity whilst operating from a mobile PC device is a massive opportunity not to be missed I feel.
If you always do what you've always done
You'll always get what you've always got
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds