• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Increasing the size of the environment block? 25 May 2014 11:29 #1501

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Noted, thank you!

Chris

Increasing the size of the environment block? 25 May 2014 08:33 #1498

Trees and bushes should come with a health warning when used multiple times like this. Each such tree / bush uses as much memory as an individual building. So if you do need to show such a boundary using bushes its best to be the very last thing added in a project, or you will slow your project down, Some graphics cards wont be able to cope with the large amount of data and so the reason for the red cross.

I had no problems loading the project. We also had similar problems with this much larger project and had to replace the 3D trees with 2D trees.

I wiuld suggest that you delete the tree/bushes until you have completed the project, because although you may not be displaying them, they will increase the project size and load / saving times.

Increasing the size of the environment block? 25 May 2014 08:12 #1497

• Chris Thomas
Thank you - I have sent the files by email. Making the environment layer, which includes the hedge, invisible fixes the problem. I can work like that for almost everything, so this is not an urgent issue for me.

Thanks,

Chris

Increasing the size of the environment block? 24 May 2014 19:36 #1496

Please email project together with the error log if crash continues, so we can advise.

Increasing the size of the environment block? 24 May 2014 19:33 #1495

• Chris Thomas
My apologies - I thought I had tried that option, and didn't get the properties dialogue I had hoped for. All is well now, thank you - I simply played with the offset, and it fits nicely. Screen shot attached. 2D view keeps crashing, not drawing fully then showing a big red cross, but I will try some exploration

Thanks,

Chris
Attachments:

Increasing the size of the environment block? 24 May 2014 17:57 #1494

To change the size of the Environment block, ensure the Environment layer is your current layer and then you double click on it, in either the 2D or 3D view (or right click on it and select Properties) to activate its properties dialog where you can set its size. The Environment block can only be rectangular.

The Environment block is not the same as your plot boudary which you must set using the Terrain tools. This can be an irregular shape. I think this was demonstrated earlier in this topic.

You can also extrude an irregular block as demonstrated here
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds