• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tapered Window / Door opening 05 Jan 2015 20:29 #1932

Take a look how to add a tapered opening in a wall in this topic .

However the previous example did not have a window object inserted. The extrusion object currently does not interact well with the window object. However there is a way to achieve this....

1. Create Wall cut out in the wall. (only needed to show cutout in 2D view)
2. Create a tapered subtraction soilid and insert into into wall.
3. Add a 3D object version of the desired window. (dont use the window construction tools). You can export any window as a 3D object and use that object.
4. Adjust the height and size of the subtraction solid, and if needed adjust size of 3D window object.

Note that you will need to set the subtractions objects properties so that it intersects with wall, (Construction element) but not the 3D Object. You can also set the subtraction object outline to be invisible on the 2D plan view.

You will need Visual Building Professional or Premium to achieve this.

Tapered Window / Door opening 05 Jan 2015 19:02 #1930

Can you please advise which of the Visual Building products will allow me to insert a window into a thick wall where the opening on the outside of the wall is less than the opening on the inside wall (as in a window in an old barn conversion) How is it possible to get the "flare effect" in the window opening.
I have been through all of your videos and all the relevant forum entries and have not been able to establish how this is done. I am currently using an American product "Punch Software Architecture" but find this totally inadequate for the UK market.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can forward a photograph if this will help clarify what I am trying to achieve.

MB via email
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds