• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fire Escape Plans 11 Mar 2015 21:54 #2034

In Visual Floor Planner, the wall points automatically snap to any other wall point in the same horizontal or vertical plane, and in most cases the guidelines are used for vertical or horizontal alignment. The next release does not include guide lines but they are still on the ToDo list. For drawings where you need higher accuracy, you should be using Visual Building.

Fire Escape Plans 11 Mar 2015 21:45 #2033

• Clive Douglas
  • Clive Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
Does the Visual Floor Planner version include the option to use Guidelines to help with an accurate layout ?

With Thanks

Clivo

Fire Escape Plans 05 Mar 2015 16:14 #2030

1. There are minimum legal requirements that a fire escape plan must adhere to. These requirements must be followed irrespective of if you are creating a plan for a small hostel or hotel, or a large public building. Fire risk assessment is not just about creating a fire escape plan. It is the responsibility of the owner, landlord and occupier of a non-domestic building to ensure that the laws are adhered to.

As a starting point I would refer you to the following www.gov.uk website:

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-fire-safety-your-responsibilities/fire-safety-and-evacuation-plans

A fire escape plan should meet the requirements of BS ISO 23601:2009

2. Visual Building requires an additional catalogue to assist tin the creation of Fire Escape Plans. It is possible to create a plan without this catalogue but you would have to create the symbol library yourself.

Fire Escape Plans 05 Mar 2015 15:45 #2029

• Clive Douglas
  • Clive Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
Hi There,

I've just left a customers property, which is a 5 bed property let out via an agency, to some contractors. I was there sorting out TV reception problem's, aerials and satellite dish installs being my day job.

There were 7 fire escape plans spread around the building. My questions are:-

1) Can responsible person assess the property and then produce these plans is is some formal training/qualification legally necessary.

2) Does VB Basic include the icons etc to produce these plans or are they an added extra. Your video about Fire Escape Plans made no reference to this.

Regards

Clive
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds