• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

join roof 18 Dec 2015 14:56 #2391

1. Make your project as 2 different buildings, it will be easier.
2. Create an subtraction solid to extrude the section out of the sloped roof. Note that the solid is set so it only affects the roof on the same layer and so does not affect the other walls. Then its hidden in the 3D view.
3. Use the Extrude solid tool to create the 2 triangular shaped side walls each 250mm deep
4. The flat roof is also made out of the extrude solid tool.

Note that I created an elevation view and the placed and extruded the above in the elevation view.

There are many examples in the Training Course manual showing how to use these tools.

I will send you the project file.

This solution was created with Visual Building Premium.
Attachments:

join roof 18 Dec 2015 10:47 #2390

Please email your project so that we can demonstrate. I suspect the roof merge tool can not achieve a flat roof merge, but there are ways you can achieve this manually. I assume the extension walls extends into the attic?

join roof 18 Dec 2015 07:06 #2389

• Dave Hickman
  • Dave Hickman's Avatar Topic Author

Hi trying to join a roof . This is existing building with a 30 year old flat roof extension
how do I join it. the brickwork as altered now !
I think I need to input the roof differently I have tried a poly contour but couldn't get the valleys right ? help
cheers Dave
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds