• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stairs with Landing 06 Oct 2014 20:26 #1728

• Sean Johnson
  • Sean Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
I'll give that a go doesn't look as bad as I'd imagined.

Stairs with Landing 06 Oct 2014 19:45 #1727

See this topic on creating stairs.

If the stair edit can not create such a staircase, you have several options:

In a new projects use the Stair editor to create the individual component parts (2 parts plus landing). Save the individual elements as 3D objects anf load these into your project as 3D Objects.

Use Visual Building Premium's 3D tools to create your own bespoke stair case as an object. Its easier than you think. The Visual Building Training course has an example Chapter 19-21.

e.g This took about 20 min to create:

Use guidelines to define the stairs diimensions

Then use the 2D tools to draw 1 step.

Then use the 3D extrude tool to extrude the profile into an object

When you have placed each step using the Multiple copy and move with reference tools, save the entire staircase as a 3D object.

Load this 3d object into your project.

For placing a wall under a stair case see this topic

I will upload the project and stair object here soon/asap.

Stairs with Landing 06 Oct 2014 17:49 #1724

• Sean Johnson
  • Sean Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
I find it difficult to get the results I am looking for with the staircase tools especially when attempting to produce steps with a number, rise and tread that differs from those automatically generated. I will often end up with more steps with a shallower tread and if I attempt to alter those parameters I loose control of the start and end points.

Is their a particular sequence or procedure? I am also not clear what all of the parameters are for in the dialog box, the screen shots in the documentation are a bit blurred e.g. why are their 2 figures for height?

When using the Stairs with Landing tool is it possible to fix at which step the landing occurs and set the landing dimensions manually?

Thanks as usual.

Following are the dimensions of a staircase I am trying to model:

Starting 3m from a wall 9 steps with a tread depth of 24cm rise by ~20.5cm per step (10 risers) to a landing which is 84cm deep turning 180 degs then a further 5 treads with the same dimensions.

The actual staircase fits in an space 3m long, 2m wide and the rise in height 3.3m
(9*0.24) + 0.84= 3
16*0.205 = 3.28 (close enough)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds