• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dormer puzzles 14 Jan 2015 17:03 #1953

• Chris Thomas
  • Chris Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks, that has sorted it nicely - I don't understand why I have never had that problem previously, but at this stage in the project I hope i don't need to understand that ;-)

Thanks for the window tip - I am in the middle of a full window check, now we have strong confidence that the planners won't ask for more changes - I will sort the windows as I go!

Dormer puzzles 14 Jan 2015 14:14 #1952

Chris, This looks like elements that relate to Roof panels, which are not essential. To hide these: In the 3D View, right click and from context meny select Visibility. to display Visibility dialog. Locate Extension elements and switch off:

Gaps in walls are due to your ceiling being switched off in 3D view (so you can see inside) . Enable ceilings and the gaps will go.
Several of your windows are inside out. You can see this where the window sill marble effect is on the outer sill and not the inner sill.

Dormer puzzles 14 Jan 2015 11:54 #1951

• Chris Thomas
I still have some disconnected elements left over form my work with dormers. In hindsight, I should have tried dormers on my 'sandpit' models rather than the main work, but I did not expect problems.
As you can see from the attached jpeg, some ceiling elements and some roof elements are showing when they should not, and can not be deleted. The South new bedroom is the easiest example to play with.
I have tried the remedies you have previously suggested, but no luck....
Any further suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
Chris

Project by email.
Attachments:

Dormer puzzles 05 Jan 2015 15:41 #1927

• Chris Thomas
I have sent you a 'sandpit' model, created just to illustrate the problems. This contains the minimum to display the bizarre visual effects I am seeing - I cleaned up the file beforehand as you described above, to minimize any historic interferences.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris

Dormer puzzles 05 Jan 2015 12:53 #1926

• Chris Thomas
Thank you for those tips, I sympathise with the difficulty of documenting all this stuff - a hugely capable tool with amazing levels of reliability and versatility, but so many ways users can get into strife once a mistake is made or out on the skinny branches...

I will send you a couple of example files later today....

Chris

Dormer puzzles 05 Jan 2015 12:22 #1925

If an object has not deleted correctly and remains as a "ghost" object you can examine it in more detail using the tools in the Help - Diagnosis toolbar. use Start project diagnostic to see if its still exists in the tree and if so you can try deleting it using this tool. Also running Remove invalid elements located in the Support dialog - Test page will sometimes delete such objects. Always perform these on a copy of your project as these actions can damage a project.

I would be interested in seeing your dormer test projects so that I can send to the programmer currently examining the dormer design tool.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds