• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: How to import 3D Models (.3ds) 16 Dec 2011 15:43 #110

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure adding to wishlist because I just mentioned last time.

Re: How to import a Import 3D Models (.3ds) 16 Dec 2011 14:28 #106

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
Andras- Already added to the wish list. Same result when using subtraction solids as any 3D object that the solid hits is hidden instead of being cut.

Re: How to import a Import 3D Models (.3ds) 16 Dec 2011 13:40 #104

Dear Visual Building.

Can it be possible in the future that the section tool and layout (section) handle the imported models in the future. Meaning enhancement on visibility If the section line pass trough an imported 3ds object I get the it cut and If I lift or take the object down I just see the visible parts in accordance with specified floor height. That would be a good workflow with other 3d tools.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention imported objects faces should be collaborated with other elements inside such as roof via BOOLEANs. This would be great.

Andras

How to import a Import 3D Models (.3ds) 14 Dec 2011 17:01 #101

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
There is a tutorial demonstration how to import a .3ds model and include it with the catalogue, using the 3D Converter tool. (Not applicable to Visual Building Basic). The 3D Converter tool allows you to import .3ds, .cob, .wrl and many other 3d formats. You can then assign / edit the textures used within the model, recalculate normals and remove sub objects within the model.

See also: Import Sketchup 3D objects Import Sketchup 3D objects
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds