• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Floor Problem 06 Dec 2012 22:35 #510

• admin
I looked at the project that you emailed to me and it appears that when you created the basement, you transferred all components from the Ground floor. You should have transferred only the walls, or better still - not transfer anything , which would allow you to create a new plan on the basement level.

After selecting New floor below this dialog will activate. Click the transfer tab on the dialog
Then in the transfer dialog select the transfer to None. You can now draw your new walls as required on the new floor. You can even snap your new walls to the Groundfloor floor plan to ensure you have the same exact wall position.

Re: Floor Problem 06 Dec 2012 22:29 #509

Hi,

Thanks, i have try ur steps and i now have this , i don't think its changed the wall heights?

can u help

regards,
Charlie
Attachments:

Re: Floor Problem 29 Nov 2012 22:09 #502

• admin
I assume your floating floor is simply a floor level at a different height to your conservatory floor level.

If your floating floor is for example 10cm higher than the conservatory floor then the conservatory and the floating floor must be in different buildings so that you can set them at different heights.

Delete the conservatory, and then on the building add a new floor below the current floor, ignoring doors and windows. Set the new floor height to be 30 cm (default was 2.8m)

Create the conservatory as a new building, ensuring the starting height of the new conservatory is the same starting height as the floating floor start height.

The split levels tutorial may help understand this.

Re: Floor Problem 29 Nov 2012 21:49 #501

Great thankyou!

I have inserted a new layer floor then deleted all the windows doors etc then altered all the wall heights to create a floating floor (dont know if this was the right way?)

Now i seem to have lost the conservatory floor , so i tried inserting wall bounderies but it hasnt worked.. is this right?

Thanks
Charlie
Attachments:

Re: Floor Problem 29 Nov 2012 21:28 #500

• admin
I can see the tool in your screen shot. Its the first tool on the left just outside the box you drew.

Click on the icon with a hammer and spanner.

This is also explained in the Wall Editing tutorial video. .

Remember that the toolbars move around a bit (but not on their own accord :0 )

Applies to all versions of Visual Building

Re: Floor Problem 29 Nov 2012 20:33 #499

I cant seem to find the Wall Edit Tool on my setup?
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds