• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wall transparency 15 Feb 2014 20:52 #1270

To remove a texture, right click on the Texture field and a context menu will appear allowung you to remove the texture.

See image in this topic

(Sorry still have severe lack of electricity at moment, but will improve answer when I can)

Wall transparency 15 Feb 2014 14:50 #1268

• Christina
  • Christina 's Avatar Topic Author
I have tried using the second method you describe but can't see how to remove the texture. The texture box is empty although the colour selection shows a series of numbers. The name field shows 'cleanup'. I have changed the transparency to 90% but the wall still shows as solid.

Wall transparency 08 Feb 2014 17:34 #1252

A glass material was dragged from the materials catalogue onto the wall. Look in Materials /AEC folder. There are different glass types to give you different levels of wall transparency. To remove the transparency drag the Cleanup material onto the wall.

Note however, that using this method, all walls on that layer will become transparent. To apply a material to an individual wall, select the wall in a 3D view, then right click on it to activate it's Properties. Then in the dialogs General tab, select Material, then 3D view tab. Remove Texture and change Transparency to 90%. This change will then affect only the selected wall.

Remember also that you can also hide walls in the 3D View, from the visibility options for the view.

Wall transparency 08 Feb 2014 12:47 #1248

• Christina
  • Christina 's Avatar Topic Author
Your example for a bathroom at www.visualbuilding.co.uk/bathroom-designers shows the walls as transparent in the 3D view i.e. the outline can be seen but it is possible to see through them into the room. How is this achieved please? The properties menu in the 3D view has options for wire frame, sketch etc but not this one.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds