• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 19:16 #2210

• Chris Dodds
  • Chris Dodds's Avatar Topic Author
Sorry, I just re-done it and all is good.
Many thanks for your help to date

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 18:56 #2209

If you have put the folder in the correct path they will 100% appear in the catalogue, so you must be putting the new folders in a different path to that which I said.

When adding new folders you must also update Visual Building with the availability of the folder. This is achieved simply by changing to another catalogue, and back again, or restarting Visual Building.

Email me a screen shot of showing the actual path and folder structure in Windows explorer similar to the screen shot created above.

How do I create a screen shot

See also: Where are my files

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 17:26 #2208

• Chris Dodds
I thought I managed to follow your steps but I have come into a problem. I have created a folder named 'scale bars' but now when I attempt at saving a new scale bar into the catalogue the 'graphics 2d' folder appears to have nothing inside it. This is also the case with the materials and textures folder, they all appear to be empty now

They are there through windows but not in the visual building software.

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 13:44 #2207

You can easily create your own folder using Windows File Explorer. Just create a folder in

C:\Program Files\Visual Building Premium 5\Graphics2D

for example Scalebars and that folder will then appear in the catalogue. Then copy your scalebar.cys file into the Scalebar
folder.

I will update the training documentation to clarify these points for future users.
Attachments:

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 12:50 #2206

• Chris Dodds
Sorry, I have now managed to save the object I made up by clicking 'misc' and saving into that area. This seems to have worked, so I am guessing anything I make up now on like textbox etc to put on my a1 sheet I can save into this misc area. What would be handy is if there is a way to make a new folder in the 2d symbol area that everything I make from now on I can save into this instead of the misc area?

p.s thanks for getting me this far as now I can save them and continue my project.

scale bar 16 Jun 2015 12:17 #2205

• Chris Dodds
I have followed your instructions but it still wont show the scale bar once saved in the 2d catalogue. Can you explain to me what the catalogue pointers are please, as that was the part I didn't understand?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds