• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
31 Aug 2022
Our new version 11.0.11.0 is now available.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ridge height 04 Nov 2014 17:06 #1817

The gap that is visible is the ceiling. To remove this gap enable the ceiling in each of the views.

Click to zoom

Then also for each wall set the Wall height back to Automatic.

The ridge was 7070 mm above the FF, so I dropped the roof by 70 mm (via Roof Construction Properties). This can be seen better by crating an elevation or section view as below:

Click to zoom

Click to zoom

To remove the space in the attic wall, you either have to insert another floor or increase the floor - ceiling height. The latter is best but then you have to insert your own ceiling manually.

Ridge height 03 Nov 2014 23:40 #1815

Please email the project with details of required floor and ridge heights so that I may advise.

Ridge height 03 Nov 2014 21:31 #1814

• Edward Leetham
  • Edward Leetham's Avatar Topic Author
No, setting the Rough Height to 2.745 and the Level of the FF to 2.745 still leaves a gap between floors...

The finished ridge height should be 7.00m above the finished floor slab and screed. There will be laminate floor on top then a 2.35m clear room height to the ceiling, which will have 12.5mm plasterboard then 315mm joists with 22mm flooring on the first floor. The first floor will also have 2.35m room height.

Ridge height 03 Nov 2014 21:13 #1813

• Edward Leetham
I can see how = Clear Height = Rough Height - Floor - Ceiling, but I don't understand how Floor Height is calculated, as it seems to be Clear Height + Ceiling + FF Floor, but there is nowhere to enter FF floor thickness.

Also, I looked at section 3.13 of the Training Course which shows the same page. This contains the figure 2.16 in the Floor Height box, but when I entered the same figures in the other boxes, it shows the Floor Height as 2.21 rather than 2.16.

Now if the GF level is 0.0, should I set the FF level so that it's the same as the GF Rough Height? Hopefully doing this will close the gap between floors.

Ridge height 03 Nov 2014 20:23 #1812

Please see

www.visualbuilding.co.uk/forum/13-visual...or-dialogue-box#1512

The gap is possibly the ceiling. A section view should explaing it for you.

Also see Chapter 17 in Training Course

Ridge height 03 Nov 2014 19:41 #1810

• Edward Leetham
Thank you. Before I try that, I've just reduced the height of the GF walls by changing the height from Automatic to a height that I have specified. This is the GF ceiling height plus the thickness of the FF floor joists (including plasterboard ceiling and FF flooring) - is this correct? However doing that then introduces a gap between the GF and FF walls, and I can't work out how to reduce the base level of the FF walls. Can you advise please?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds